Monday, March 16, 2009

The Pursuit of Happyness


Saw the movie the other night. It is an American biographical film directed by Gabriele Muccino about the on-and-off-homeless salesman-turned-stockbroker Chris Gardner. I don't know how I controlled my tears till the end but after just one look at my daughter sleeping soundlessly I couldn't stop them. What a movie!!!! I will say not. Of course, full marks to Will Smith for his act. Without his brilliant performance you may not know how to respond to this man's moving story. But for me the real hero is Chris Gardner. There are lot of lessons which I can take from this resilient hero who fought his way through, believed in himself, persisted throughout the hard times, not letting any obstacle come in his way (even upto the extent of being homeless for a year!!!)to acheive his goal, dealing with them on his own, in his kind of way, willing to live on next to nothing while he learned a new trade and above all being a single parent and refusing to give up his duties to his two year old son all this while.... Hats off to you Mr. Chris Gardner!!! When I watching Will Smith darting off from home to work, to selling those scanners to attending his son and all I thought how much stamina and perseverence this man ought to have. My heart broke when he had to spend a night with his son in a restroom of a metro station. But next day he is again back on his two feet ready to take the world on. I have surely learned a lesson over here. If you ever get into a situation which you cannot help or do not like, work towards getting out of it and not just whinning and complaining about it. Even baby-steps are important. They contribute alot in your development.
Taking after my own father,I am all into this idea of "creating your own life" and after watching this movie my belief is more stronger than ever. For me it's 99% hardwork and 1% luck. And I hope my daughter also gets this thing right. Of course one's future also depends on what choices we make in our life whcih I think is more crucial than anything else. In short The Pursuit of Happyness is an inspirational, coming-of-age memoir that bears the message that a hunger for learning, hard work, and never giving up on the people who make you truly "wealthy," can break destructive cycles and propel anyone to unlimited heights - no matter who they are, where they come from, or what their circumstances may be.

No comments:


I WISH I WAS IN HERE.......